We’ve been working on another major update of the SpreadCharts app. It will be released on Saturday, October 10th. The app will be down for a short period of time on that day. Hopefully, it will be just around 10 minutes. However, if we encounter any problems, we may extend the downtime.
Most of the improvements are inside, so the way the application looks like won’t change much. Still, there will be a lot of significant improvements and also some entirely new features.
Here’s a shortlist of the most important changes:
- New parser for the input expressions – it will become truly versatile. You will be able to enter virtually any combination of contracts (up to 4) using multiple brackets, multipliers, or even inverted contracts (e.g., 1/DXZ20).
- No restrictions on subchart combinations – you display any charts together, even if it won’t make sense. For example, you will be able to chart a Term structure or a Histogram together with Commitments of Traders. While the selected zoom will be synchronized, the x axis won’t because of the different quantities displayed on that axis. The zoom by mouse will also be disabled whenever you have TS or histogram chart in a tab to keep the zoom synced.
- Working with multiple charts and tabs is much faster and more reliable now (opening, closing tabs, and subcharts). Minor bugs and strange behavior of the charts under certain special circumstances are gone.
- Some charts like Continuous price have become faster to load up to a factor of 3x
- Significant acceleration in loading charts from a watchlist, that are composed of multiple subcharts
- 30-year average added to the Term structure chart
- New calculation of Term structure averages to show precise values even around expirations, holidays, etc.
- More convenient selection of the Roll method for continuous contracts right next to the action select
- BONUS: A new powerful study (chart) that we will reveal at launch
We hope you will enjoy the new features once we launch them at the end of this week. Due to the extensive scope of the changes, you will have to purge your browser cache after we release the new version. In some cases reloading the app using Ctrl+Shift+R is sufficient. Otherwise, the app won’t work correctly on your device.